Early Childhood Education Programs
INFANT CARE NURSERY
The Infant Care Nursery Program at CJLC is designed to provide each child with a feeling of warmth, confidence, and security. The nurturing interaction between caregivers and children brings encouragement for early motor skill development and lots of love. At Creative Journeys, your child will have experienced a warmth that is essential to their growth and development.
Areas of Development:
- Large muscle control – rolling, crawling, reaching, pulling
- Small muscle control – grasping, holding, stacking, manipulating
- Auditory/Visual – follows objects with eyes, turns head toward sounds
- Verbal Development – babbling, imitation, laughing, story time, singing, turn-taking games
- Encouragement of natural curiosity
- Development of self esteem through love and nurturing
Young children have an innate desire to learn. Our Creative Curriculum prepares your child for a lifetime of learning by introducing children to learning centers that encompass a wide range of activities. Our preschool classroom further promotes quality learning and growth through increasingly complex activities and the introduction of longer-term projects. Children are introduced to math, language, reading, social and physical skills through creative and interactively fun activities. In addition, we continue to help children develop academic confidence and use their self-esteem and independence skills.
Milestones focused on in the Preschool experience:
- Sorting by shape, size and color
- Understanding cause and effect and beginning to problem solve
- Basic counting
- Making predictions based on simple information
- Recognizing own name and other letters in print
- Showing a genuine interest in reading books with adults
- Speaking in front of a small group
- Recalling events from an activity
- Creative Artwork becoming more refined, express ideas and act out their thoughts
BEFORE & AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAMS
Learning doesn’t end once the bell rings! CJLC has innovative before- and after-school programs to meet the growing educational needs and interests of school-age children. To make it easy for your family’s schedule, we also offer transportation to and from neighborhood schools. Our school-age program also aligns with school calendars to provide a fun-filled educational break during holidays, teacher in-service days and other school breaks.